County Parks Menu
Washington County Parks and Recreation announce the opening of Central Bark located within Marty Snook Park. Located at the west end of Marty Snook Park next to the volleyball courts, Central Bark is a new dog park with designated fenced-in play areas for both large and small dogs.
Below are Maps of Parks with the Pet Friendly Areas:
Washington County has partnered with PetSmart to place dog waste stations in these parks. This is part of the new pet-friendly and environment-friendly program. The following parks have been added as Pet Friendly Parks:
PET REGULATIONS FOR PET FRIENDLY PARKS
The purpose of these rules and regulations is to allow pets in the parks and to ensure a safe, clean, friendly environment for all park patrons and to educate the patrons about the Rules and Regulations associated with walking and exercising pets in the parks.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- All pets are required to be on a leash no longer than 9’ in length and under control at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of the waste properly.
- Doggie Waste Bags are available at several locations throughout the designated areas.
- All pets must be fully immunized, de-wormed, and licensed.
- No more than 2 pets can be walked at any time by one (1) person.
- No pets are allowed in the populated areas or around the general public. These areas include:
– on or around ball fields
– on or around the volleyball courts
– on or around the playground areas
– on or around the bleachers
– on or around the pavilions
– non-designated pet friendly areas
- Dogs who exhibit dangerous or violent behavior are prohibited from all County Parks.
- Failure to be responsible for your animal (either behavior or clean-up) will result in the suspension of your privilege to bring pets into the park to exercise.