Washington County is implementing Virtual inspections, an alternative to in-person inspections, enable prompt service, productive follow-ups, and scheduling most types of inspections. Virtual Inspections will be essential for most occupied residential structures during the current State of Emergency. Virtual inspections are conducted between a Virtual Inspection (VI) Representative and Division of Permits & Inspections by using a video call on a smart phone, tablet, or other webcam enabled device. All inspections, including Virtual Inspections, are performed Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, excluding holidays and preapproved After Hour and Saturday Commercial Inspections (fees apply). CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
Permits & Inspections
To protect the health, safety and general welfare of the citizens of Washington County though the administration of land development and building related codes and ordinances and to provide direction and oversight for orderly, sound and cost effective land development that supports the Washington County economy and its citizens while assuring the maintenance and expansion of the infrastructure needed to serve it.
To work in cooperation with property owners, developers, consultants, and contractors to form a partnership for each project to provide the most efficient and cost effective service.
New Codes in affect March 1, 2020
- 2017 National Electrical Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Mechanical Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Existing Building Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 Fee Schedule for Civil Citations Proposed Adoption Resolution
- 2018 Electrical Administrative Provisions Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2019 Fee Schedule for 2018 Code Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Plumbing Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Building, Residential, & Energy Conservation Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
Permits & Inspections
Washington County Administrative Annex
80 West Baltimore Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (240) 313-2460
Fax: (240) 313-2401
TTY users: MD Relay 711