Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund for 501(c)(6) Nonprofits
To support Maryland’s nonprofit 501(c)(6) organizations facing financial impacts from the novel coronavirus, the Maryland Department of Commerce in conjunction with the Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) have established the Maryland COVID-19 Emergency Relief Grant Fund for 501(c)(6) Nonprofits with $1 million of federal CARES Act funding.
The grant will provide financing to organizations experiencing economic stresses in order to mitigate potential layoffs or organizational closures due to COVID-19. Eligible organizations may apply for funding up to $10,000. Applications are being accepted from August 17 through August 24.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Eligible applicants must be a Maryland based organization that represent businesses in the region they serve, which may include employer consortiums comprised of businesses who collectively meet the above qualifications, such as: Non-profit or community-based organizations; Industry Associations; Business Leagues; Destination Marketing Organizations; and Local or Regional Economic Development Entities.
- Must have less than 50 employees.
- Must have and provide proof of at least one W-2 employee or a valid employer unemployment insurance number issued from the Maryland Department of Labor.
- Must have under $5 million in annual revenue.
- Must be registered and in good standing with SDAT.
- Must be registered with the IRS as a 501(c)(6).
- Must be established prior to March 9, 2020.
- Must not have already received a grant from any Maryland state government agencies for COVID-19 relief.