NOTE: This is a rapidly evolving situation and this page will provide updates as they become available.
Governor Hogan is allocating $50 million to the Maryland Nonprofit Recovery Initiative (NORI) to assist nonprofit organizations whose critical operations have been financially impacted by COVID-19 and state-of-emergency.
Click the banner above or visit https://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/MarylandNonprofitRecoveryInitiative.aspx to learn more and apply.
Safety Best Practices by Industry
As the county gets back to business, our business owners are urged to continue to put people first. This means adhering to best practices that ensure the safety of your workers and customers alike. Through our collective efforts, Maryland’s business community will play a critical role in protecting our citizens and preventing another surge of COVID-19 infections. Leaders across Maryland’s business community have assisted in developing best practices to help businesses across the state as we enter this new era in business.
COVID-19 Recovery Plan
Updated COVID-19 Guidance
The Washington County Health Department (WCHD) strongly urges all community members who are not yet fully vaccinated to wear masks in indoor group settings and to get vaccinated if they are eligible.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available to anyone age 12 and older. For more information or to make a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, please visit WashCoVax.com or call 240-313-3456.
Additionally, WCHD recommends that all community members, even those who are vaccinated, continue to take actions to protect themselves and prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
Community members showing any sign or symptom of COVID-19 should get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. Asymptomatic persons exposed to COVID-19 should also get tested, regardless of vaccination status.
Testing Sites in Washington County
- Meritus Screening Drive Thru Center is located at 13620 Crayton Blvd. The drive-thru screening center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Health Department Spring Mobile Testing Sites: The mobile COVID-19 testing site will run on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays from 10am-2pm. Mondays and Wednesdays the testing site will be located at various locations in Hagerstown. Each Friday the testing site will be mobile throughout the county going to different municipalities such as Hancock, Smithburg, Cascade, etc.
- CVS Drive-Thru Testing Site located at 1503 Potomac Ave, Hagerstown MD 21742. Please visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to see if you qualify for testing at this site and to schedule an appointment.
- CVS Drive-Thru Testing Site located at 10 E Wilson Blvd, Hagerstown MD 21740. Please visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to see if you qualify for testing at this site and to schedule an appointment.
- U.N.I. Urgent Care Center located at 11236 Robinwood Drive, Suite 101 Hagerstown, MD 21742. Appointment required and patients are charged with copay. Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.; Saturday and Sunday 8:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; 240-313-4242
- U.N.I. Urgent Care Center located at 18721 N Pointe Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742. Appointment required and patients are charged with copay. Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.; Saturday 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.; 301-733-8313
JIC COVID-19 Briefings
HAGERSTOWN, MD (August 10, 2021) – In an effort to provide the citizens of Washington County, MD the ability to make informed decisions related to COVID-19, the COVID-19 dashboard has been reinstated at www.washco-md.net/coronavirus-info. Statistics will be updated on a daily basis. Please continue to do your part in fighting COVID-19 by getting vaccinated, wearing a mask, social distancing, and frequently
June 10, 2021 The FINAL COVID-19 Joint Information Briefing is being released today, June 10, 2021 **The dashboard is updated Monday-Friday** The Washington County, Maryland Joint Information Center (JIC) provides the following update regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit www.washco-md.net/coronavirus-info for the latest numbers on Washington County’s COVID-19 dashboard. Please note the numbers were scrubbed and we have 10 fewer cases
COVID-19 JOINT INFORMATION CENTER BRIEFING June 3, 2021 The Washington County, Maryland Joint Information Center (JIC) provides the following update regarding the COVID-19 pandemic. Please visit www.washco-md.net/coronavirus-info for the latest numbers on Washington County’s COVID-19 dashboard.’ Click here to receive Washington County briefings delivered to your inbox. COVID-19 Joint Information Briefings are ONLY released on Thursdays. **The dashboard is updated Monday-Friday**
IT’S YOUR SHOT TO END COVID-19 The Washington County Health Department and Washington County Government announce the launching of a mass media campaign focusing on vaccine hesitancy. Funded by a FEMA grant, the campaign’s goal is to increase COVID-19 vaccination rates in Washington County, Maryland. As of May 26, 2021, Washington County’s vaccination rate for first doses is at 34.65%, which is 17.65%