COVID-19 JOINT INFORMATION CENTER BRIEFING February 18, 2022 The is the final Joint Information Briefing. The Washington County, Maryland Joint Information Center (JIC) presents information provided by the Washington County Health Department, Washington County Government, and Meritus Health. All information related to COVID-19 in Washington County, Maryland can be viewed at www.washco-md.net/coronavirus-info. Click here to receive Washington County briefings delivered
Coronavirus Info Menu
Note: This is a rapidly evolving situation and this page will provide updates as they become available
Washington County Joint Information Center
Joint Information Center (JIC) To ensure coordination of public information during incidents that involve multiple agencies and/or jurisdictions, to support the gathering, verification, coordination, and dissemination of accurate, accessible, and timely information.
For more information visit the Maryland COVID-19 Data Dashboard: https://coronavirus.maryland.gov/
To view Meritus COVID-19 Patient Stats visit: https://www.meritushealth.com/patients-visitors/covid-19-information/
JIC COVID-19 Briefings
The Joint Information Briefing will be distributed on Mondays (with the exception of federal and state holidays) for the duration of the current State of Emergency.
Updated COVID-19 Guidance
The Washington County Health Department (WCHD) strongly urges all community members who are not yet fully vaccinated to wear masks in indoor group settings and to get vaccinated if they are eligible.
COVID-19 vaccinations are available to anyone age 12 and older. For more information or to make a COVID-19 vaccination appointment, please visit WashCoVax.com or call 240-313-3456.
Additionally, WCHD recommends that all community members, even those who are vaccinated, continue to take actions to protect themselves and prevent the spread of COVID-19, including:
Community members showing any sign or symptom of COVID-19 should get tested, regardless of vaccination status or prior infection. Asymptomatic persons exposed to COVID-19 should also get tested, regardless of vaccination status.
- WCHD 12/17/21 Press Release: Local Public Health Advisory: Recent Rise in COVID-19 Activity
- WCHD 8/3/21 Press Release: Local Public Health Advisory: Recent Rise in COVID-19 Cases
- Face Covering Reccomendation (7.1.21)
- Executive Order Terminating Various Emergency Orders
- List of Provisions in Effect During the Administrative Grace Period
- Frequently Asked Questions
HAGERSTOWN, MD (12/15/2020)
COVID-19 Testing Sites in Washington County, MD
- Meritus Screening Drive Thru Center is located at 13620 Crayton Blvd. The drive-thru screening center is open Monday – Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m and Saturday from 8:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m. *NEW* Sunday 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- Health Department Testing Site is located at the Hagerstown Housing Authority at 36 W. Lee Street, Hagerstown, and is currently open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 10:00 a.m.-2:00 p.m.
- CVS Drive-Thru Testing Site located at 1503 Potomac Ave, Hagerstown MD 21742. Please visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to see if you qualify for testing at this site and to schedule an appointment.
- CVS Drive-Thru Testing Site located at 10 E Wilson Blvd, Hagerstown MD 21740. Please visit https://www.cvs.com/minuteclinic/covid-19-testing to see if you qualify for testing at this site and to schedule an appointment.
- U.N.I. Urgent Care Center located at 11236 Robinwood Drive, Suite 101 Hagerstown, MD 21742. Walk-ins are welcome and patients may be charged with a copay. Everyday 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; 240-313-4242
- U.N.I. Urgent Care Center located at 18721 N Pointe Drive Hagerstown, MD 21742. Walk-ins are welcome and patients may be charged with a copay. Everyday 8:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.; 301-733-8313