- A+ behaviors that will help the community recycling drop off sites.
- Please be clean!
- Lightly rinse off recyclable containers
- Do not place any material outside the recycling bin
- Close doors after dumping in recyclables
- Be careful not to drop glass or litter
- Try to deliver no more than a one week accumulation of recyclable& per visit
- Cut cardboard into small flat sheets
- Do not leave anything that is not accepted in the program.
- Contact the Washington County Recycling Office with questions or problems at 240-313-2796 or 240-313·2790.
- You no longer need a permit to recycle. You can now recycle by going across the scales for $30 per ton (at the 40 West Landfill only).
What is Recyclable?
Solid Waste & Recycling Menu
Anyone who wishes to bring six (6) or more tires in a 12 month period must obtain a Temporary Scrap Tire Waiver through the State of Maryland. Please call: 410-537-3314 to obtain a waiver or for more information. The waiver is free of charge and is usually approved within 48 hours.
Forty West Landfill
12630 Earth Care Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Landfill Hours: Monday – Saturday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
TTY users: 1-800-735-2258