Solid Waste & Recycling Menu
Recycling Drop-Off Locations
BLUE BOXES – HOUSEHOLD RECYCLABLES ONLY (No Businesses)
- Please call the Washington County Solid Waste Department at 240-313-2790 or the Recycling Office at 240-313-2796 if you have questions.
- This program is for Washington County residents only.
- A permit is now required to use Washington County Residential Drop Off boxes.
- 40 West Landfill In-Bound Scales Close at 3:00 p.m. Out-Bound Scales Close at 3:15p.m. Non-Permit Customers MUST be at the scales no later than 3:00 p.m. Permit holders may dump trash until 3:30 p.m.
Where To Recycle Other Materials
- Corrugated Cardboard: Maryland Paper
- Compact Fluorescent Light Bulbs: Lowes; Home Depot
- Oily Wastes: Spirit Services; SafetyKleen; Clean Venture
- Websites to help locate recycling alternatives:
- Recycling Maryland – www.mdrecycles.org
- National Recycling Coalition – www.nrc-recycle.org
- Maryland Department of the Environment – www.mde.state.md.us
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency – www.epa.gov
Washington County Residents and Businesses may contact the recycling office for additional recycling information. Call 240-313-2796 or email Tony Drury
Forty West Landfill
12630 Earth Care Road
Hagerstown, MD 21740
- Landfill Hours: Monday – Saturday 7:00am – 3:30pm (Scales close at 3:00pm)
- Convenience Center Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Landfill Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 4:00pm (Phones are not attended outside of these hours)
- Permit Sales
- Landfill: Monday – Saturday, 8:00am – 2:30pm
- Convenience Centers: Tuesday – Saturday, 8:00am – 2:30pm
TTY users may call any government office through the Maryland Relay Service 1-800-735-2258