Residential Permits & Cash Sales

Permit Application – fill out, open the email and print it, and bring to the Permit office for processing

Residential Permits may be purchased at the Forty West Landfill residential use lot between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 2:30 p.m., Monday through Saturday.  Permits may also be purchased year round at all of our transfer stations between the hours of 8:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m., Tuesday through Saturday.  Purchases must be made with a check only. Bring the vehicle you wish to permit so the permit can be placed on the vehicle.  You may bring trash at that time for unloading after purchase of permit

Only general household trash is covered under the Residential Permit. Construction/demolition debris is not covered under the permit.  Effective July 1, 2018, yard debris will be covered under a Yard Debris permit.  Additionally, use of the Green recycling bins and Cardboard Only recycling bins at all Convenience Centers will be covered under a $36 Recycling Permit.  Each permit is now available individually.

Cash Sales: Any county resident can use the landfill on a cash basis.  A residential permit is not required for cash sales.  We accept cash or checks.  Credit cards are not accepted.  Rates are $55 per ton for general household waste, $75 per ton for construction/demo debris, and $63 per ton for yard debris.  Other rates apply for special waste.  There is a minimum scale fee of $10.  We advise cash sale customers to be on the scales before 3:00 PM to allow time to unload.  The In-Bound Scales close at 3:00; the Out-Bound Scales close at 3:15 PM. NO EXCEPTIONS!

Scrap Tire Permit: Any customer hauling six or more tires to the Landfill is required to obtain a Temporary Scrap Tire Haulers License from the Maryland Department of the Environment.  Please call 410-537-3314 for the license information.