A Senior COVID Vaccine Call List Assistance Hotline was created to assist Washington County residents who are 65 and older. This toll-free hotline is ONLY for seniors 65 and older who do not have internet access and need assistance signing up for the COVID-19 vaccine call list form. Please share this number with those who need assistance signing up. As of Tuesday morning, close to 900 seniors have been assisted in completing the Vaccination Appointment Request form to be placed on the call list at Meritus Health.
Senior COVID-19 Vaccine Call List Assistance Hotline:
To receive additional information, you can call the COVID-19 Vaccine Information Hotline at 1-833-285-2804 to receive the latest updates.
Washington County remains in Phase 1C. Priority groups 1A, 1B, and 1C are eligible to receive vaccines in Washington County. Priority group 1C includes the following individuals who are eligible for vaccination:
- All adults over the age of 65
- Food and agricultural workers
- U.S. Postal Service workers
- Grocery/Convenience store workers
- Public and private transit workers
- Manufacturing workers
- Veterinarians and their support staff
- Members of clergy and others deemed essential support for houses of worship
- Everyone in Priority Groups 1A and 1B
- Individuals who are currently hospitalized AND diagnosed with the following criteria are eligible to receive vaccine in Phase 1C:
- Cancer patients who are currently in active treatment
- End-stage renal disease patients requiring hemodialysis
- Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD), especially those who are oxygen-dependent or are steroid-dependent
- Solid organ transplant recipients
- Sickle cell disease patients
- Diabetic patients (Type 1 and Type 2)
Individuals who are diagnosed with these medical conditions but are not currently hospitalized will be eligible to receive the vaccine in Maryland’s Phase 2 COVID-19 vaccine distribution.
Maryland Department of Health is requiring local health departments to prioritize older adults aged 65 and up for vaccination appointment slots, as they become available.
- Thousands of people on the call list means it will take several weeks before you are contacted to schedule a vaccination appointment
- Please be patient and refrain from contacting the Health Department and Meritus to receive a status update on where you are on the waitlist and when you will be able to schedule your appointment
- You will receive a phone call to schedule an appointment. If you are in Phase 1A, 1B, or 1C priority groups and have completed an online form on either Meritus Health, MyChart, or the Health Department, you are on the call list.
PILOT PROGRAM WITH GIANT AND WALMART PHARMACIES
The State of Maryland has launched a pilot program for COVID-19 vaccines to be administered at Giant and Walmart pharmacies. There are two Martin’s locations in Washington County that are part of this program. Please visit https://martinsfoods.com/pages/tgc-vaccines
to learn more about this program.