- The Coronavirus is not transmitted by drinking water or wastewater.
- The virus has not been detected in drinking water supplies.
- Boiling your water is not a required as a precaution against COVID-19.
- Our tap water is safe for drinking, cooking, hand washing, etc..
- Disinfectants used to produce drinking water prevents viruses from contaminating water supplies.
- Wastewater treatment plants effectively treat for viruses and other pathogens.
Water Quality Menu
As a critical component of Washington County’s infrastructure, the Department of Water Quality’s mission is clear, to protect the environment and public health by providing safe, reliable, and cost effective water and waste water services in compliance with local, state, and federal regulations to the citizens of Washington County.
The Department of Water Quality envisions exceeding our customers’ expectations by maintaining an exceptional level of reliable service and customer service in the most cost effective manner utilizing best available technologies in support of Washington County’s mission and goals.
Department of Water Quality
16232 Elliott Parkway
Williamsport, MD 21795
Office Hours: Monday – Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
TTY users may call any government office
through the Maryland Relay Service