HAGERSTOWN, MD (July 12, 2022) – The Washington County Office of Grant Management is accepting eligible projects to consider for
funding through the Rural Maryland Economic Development Fund. The grant program is funded by the Maryland Department of Commerce through a partnership with the State’s five tri-county councils serving the rural regions of Maryland. These councils will coordinate with local counties to identify projects that benefit the region. The amount of funding available for the Western Maryland Region is $10,000,000.
The Rural Maryland Economic Development Fund seeks to fund infrastructure projects that will support economic development activity, stimulate private investment, and grow jobs in the state’s rural counties.
Eligible uses include:
- Developing public infrastructure such as utilities, transportation, and broadband to support attraction, retention, and expansion of businesses
- Purchasing commercial/industrial properties for business parks or for attracting, retaining or expanding businesses
- Infrastructure projects related to specific industry sectors
- Workforce development
- Stimulation of entrepreneurship and innovation
- Planning and feasibility studies
Ineligible uses include:
- Direct private sector incentive, subsidy, grants or loans
- Granting land or buildings purchased or constructed with these funds to private sector entities, however, the sale or lease of these properties is permitted.
- Residential/housing projects
Eligible applicants must be located in Washington County, MD and include:
- Local government entities
- Institutions of higher education
- Workforce development organizations
- Non-profit entities
Applications are due no later than Tuesday, July 26 at 4:00 PM.
To find out more information and obtain the application form, please visit https://www.washco-md.net/grant-management/rural-md-grant/. Please direct questions related to this funding opportunity to [email protected].