HAGERSTOWN, MD (October 18, 2021) – The Washington County Department of Business Development
announced on October 4, 2021, applications for the Online Sales and Telework Opportunities Grant Program had been reopened. This grant program is intended to assist businesses in setting up an online sales framework and offer employees telework opportunities.
Application acceptance began at 8:00 a.m. EST on Monday, October 4, 2021, and will continue until 2:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. No applications will be accepted after 2:00 p.m. EST on Tuesday, November 2, 2021. Total funds provided to Washington County, MD for this grant is $125,164. Up to $7,500 will be awarded to applicants based on priority guidelines, on a first-come, first-served basis, until funds have been exhausted.
Grant eligibility under this program includes:
- A business that has been established prior to March 9, 2021
- Business must be registered and in good standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Priority given to a business that has not received COVID-19 Business Relief Grant(s) or Loan(s) previously
- Businesses must currently be in operation in Washington County, MD
- A business must have a physical location in Washington County, MD
- A business must have less than 20 total employees.
Fillable PDF applications will be accepted electronically along with the required documentation and can be emailed to [email protected]
or a hard copy can be delivered to Washington County, MD Department of Business Development, 100 West Washington Street, Suite 1401, Hagerstown, MD 21740.