HAGERSTOWN, MD (May 20, 2020) – The Washington County Department of Business Development announces the Maryland Department of Agriculture (MDA) is offering the empty plastic pesticide container recycling program in
An Important Message from The Washington County Department of Business Development:
It is no secret that businesses across the entire state of Maryland are seeing a significant impact from COVID-19. The Washington County Department of Business Development wants to reassure our businesses that during these unusual times, we are here to support you. It is our job to keep our businesses adequately informed with resources and information for your business.
The US Small Business Administration is offering low interest federal disaster loans for working capital to small businesses suffering substantial economic injury due to COVID-19. Please download this Handout for more information.
Below is information on federal and state government agencies provided by the State of Maryland:
- The U.S. Department of Labor has developed some guidelinesfor how companies can prepare their workplace for COVID-19. In addition, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) has launched a COVID-19 website with information specifically for workers and employers. There is also information on issues relating to wages and hours worked under the Fair Labor Standards Act available here.
- The Maryland Department of Labor’s Division of Labor and Industry enforces the Maryland Health Working Families Act, also known as safe and sick leave, which may be useful for employees who need to take off from work due to COVID-19. To learn more about the law, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 410-767-235.
- If a business experiences a temporary or permanent layoff, Labor’s Division of Unemployment Insurance’s Bulk Claim Services can open unemployment insurance claims for all affected employees. Businesses should contact a Claims Representative by emailing email@example.com or calling (410) 767-3252.
- The Maryland Insurance Administration has also put together an FAQ addressing insurance-related questions about coronavirus.
- I encourage you to regularly visit the Maryland Department of Health for the latest information on coronavirus and the state’s response to the outbreak.
- President Donald Trump announced Wednesday that the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) will provide low-interest loans to companies affected by the outbreak, and that he will ask Congress to increase funding for the SBA lending program to $50 billion.
- This week, the World Health Organization declared the coronavirus outbreak (COVID-19) a global pandemic. The State of Maryland is continuing to operate under a state of emergency, and all levels of government are taking a comprehensive, collaborative approach to keep Marylanders safe and informed while continuing to provide them necessary services. The list of ongoing state actions is available at governor.maryland.gov/coronavirus.
- For health resources regarding COVID-19, including case counts and clinician guidance, Marylanders should visit health.maryland.gov/coronavirus
Whether you are starting a new business in Washington County or ready to expand your well-established business. We have the resources to help you grow.
Key Industry Sectors
Science & Technology
Transportation & Logistics
LIVE. WORK. PLAY.
Washington County is a perfect blend of city and country life.
our work inspires
The Faces Behind Our Success
HAGERSTOWN, MD (May 13, 2020) – The Washington County Department of Business Development announces the Washington County Farm Bureau will be distributing free milk to the community on Saturday, May
HAGERSTOWN, MD (May 7, 2020) – The Washington County Department of Business Development announces the U.S. Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL) program has reopened and is accepting applications
HAGERSTOWN, MD (April 1, 2020) – Due to the restrictions enacted by the State of Maryland, the Washington County Department of Business Development and the Maryland Farm Bureau would like
Schedule a Virtual Meeting with the Department of Business Development