Designed to recognize and honor the rich agricultural heritage embedded in Washington County, the Farm of the Year Award application is open to all farms located primarily in the County on five or more acres of land. Applications must be submitted by September 18, 2020.
To qualify, entrants must:
- Operate a farm or agricultural business or know a farm or agricultural business primarily located in Washington County, Maryland.
- Include the principal farm operator/owner and have been in business for a minimum of five years. Farm must be on at least five acres of agriculturally zoned land.
- Complete and submit an application by September 18, 2020.
- Be available for judging September 21-30, 2020
- Attend an awards ceremony in October 2020 to be recognized by the Washington County Board of County Commissioners. Date to be determined.
Judging will occur September 25-29. Criteria categories total 350 points and include: