Talent & Workforce
Our productive, dedicated, and well-rounded regional workforce of 400,000 has made the county a choice location for manufacturers, financial services, and distribution companies.
Business Development Menu
- *NEW* Amazon – Retail
- Meritus Medical Center – Healthcare
- CITI – Credit Card Processing
- Fiserv – Credit Card Processing
- Volvo Group Trucks – Diesel Engine and Transmission Manufacturing
- FedEx Ground – Package Delivery
- Hagerstown Community College – Education
- Bowman Group, LLC – Developer
- Merkle Response Management Group – Data Entry
- ARC of Washington County – Social Services
Regional Workforce Draw
Wages & Affluence
Washington County has a stable cost market; low household income, low cost of living, and a large number and percent of households with income below $60,000, and low projected income growth.
Washington County has very strong supply of workforce (~161,000 workers) with notable visibility within the community (15.9% of all workers are in Production/Transportation).
General Population 2017
- 30 Minutes Drive Area – 321,112
- 10 Mile Radius – 159,430
- Percent of 30 minute population within 10 miles – 49.6%
Washington County has optimal growth (15.8%) that is positive without overwhelming local infrastructure.
Age 2017 (%)
Average – 40.3
*Projected growth 18-40 year olds 2017-2027 – 15.8%