HAGERSTOWN, MD (August 31, 2023) – The Washington County Board of County Commissioners is seeking applicants interested in serving on the Veterans Advisory Committee.
Applicants shall be registered voters and residents of Washington County. Additionally, members shall meet one of the following requirements:
- Separated from a US Military Service under honorable conditions,
- Non-Veteran, representing a variety of organizations that provide services to Veterans,
- Representative from Maryland Department of Veterans Affairs
- Representative from any of the following organizations (not limited to):
- Veterans of Foreign Wars
- Military Order of the Purple Heart
- American Legion
- Disabled American Veterans
Members of the Committee may serve two (2), three (3) year terms, meeting the first Wednesday of each month at 6:30 p.m. (subject to change).