HAGERSTOWN, MD (December 9, 2022) – The Washington County Division of Emergency Services advises Washington County residents to anticipate traffic delays and road closures along Route 68, Route 632, and Route 56 on Monday, December 12, 2022, for the funeral service and procession of Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Chief Zachary Reid.
- A viewing is scheduled from 9:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Expect minor delays and congestion around the area of Rehoboth United Methodist Church on Route 68, 16829 Lappans Road, Williamsport, Maryland.
- The funeral service will begin at 1:00 p.m. Expect mild delays and congestion during the funeral service on Route 68.
- A procession will begin approximately at 2:30 p.m. The procession will leave Rehoboth United Methodist Church and arrive at Shanktown Cemetery on Route 56, 11405 Big Pool Road, Big Pool, Maryland. Expect significant delays and congestion along the procession route.
- During the graveside service, there will be road closures on Shanktown Road and Route 56 (Big Pool Road) from 3:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m.
- Left out of the parking lot of 16829 Lappans Road, Rehoboth United Methodist Church onto Route 68 West.
- Route 68 West through Williamsport on South Conococheague Street to North Conococheague Street and leaving the town of Williamsport.
- Once out of the town of Williamsport, continue west on Route 68, Clear Spring Road until the procession reaches the town of Clear Spring.
- Once in the town of Clear Spring, the procession will turn left onto Mulberry Street, passing Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Company.
- The Procession will then turn left onto South Martin Street and follow that west out of the town of Clear Spring.
- Once out of the town of Clear Spring, the procession will continue west on Big Spring Road to the point that Big Spring Road merges into Route 56, Big Pool Road.
- The Procession will continue on Route 56, Big Pool Road until arriving at the Cemetery and the parking area for procession vehicles.
- This is the conclusion of the Procession and Fire Department Units.
- Private vehicles should be encouraged to follow Big Pool Road, Route 56 to the Big Pool exit of Interstate 70 to return to the Clear Spring area for the reception at the Clear Spring Volunteer Fire Company events building.
For additional information, please contact Washington County’s Public Relations and Marketing Department at 240-313-2380 or [email protected].