HAGERSTOWN, MD (October 4, 2019) – The Diversity and Inclusion Committee would like to welcome you to attend its second Listening Tour. The event is scheduled for October 22, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Hancock Branch, Washington County Public Library. This event is FREE to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.
- Gather and disseminate information from and about the County’s growing diverse ethnic population,
- Foster a climate of mutual respect among ethnic groups and people in the County by improving communication between the diverse groups,
- Bridge the cultural diversity of all ethnic groups in the County,
- Offer input to the Commissioners about County and Community issues,
- Advise the Commissioners on how County Government can be more inclusive of the diverse community,
- Coordinate and promote ethnic festivals, and,
- Nominate persons and organizations for awards to recognize them for their contributions to enhancing diversity.