HAGERSTOWN, MD (November 6, 2019) – The Diversity and Inclusion Committee would like to welcome you to attend its fourth Listening Tour. The event is scheduled for Tuesday, November 12th, 5:30-6:30 p.m. at the Sharpsburg Town Hall, 106 E Main Street, Sharpsburg, Maryland.
This event is FREE to the public and everyone is encouraged to attend.
If you would like to work to accomplish any of the tasks listed below, be sure to attend!
- Gather and disseminate information from and about the County’s growing diverse ethnic population,
- Foster a climate of mutual respect among ethnic groups and people in the County by improving communication between the diverse groups,
- Bridge the cultural diversity of all ethnic groups in the County,
- Offer input to the Commissioners about County and Community issues,
- Advise the Commissioners on how County Government can be more inclusive of the diverse community,
- Coordinate and promote ethnic festivals, and,
- Nominate persons and organizations for awards to recognize them for their contributions to enhancing diversity.
For additional information, please contact the Washington County Clerk’s Office at 240-313-2204.