Grant Management Menu
Washington County FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program
No Longer Accepting Applications.
Washington County FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program was established to distribute surplus funds set aside by the Board of County Commissioners (BCC) to provide assistance to local nonprofits serving Washington County citizens. This program was developed to provide an objective and systematic approach to reviewing and awarding funding to ensure funds are distributed fairly and equitably to nonprofits meeting the most prioritized and urgent needs of the community. Emphasis is on efficient use of funds and achieving result-based programmatic outcomes which positively impact the citizens of Washington County. The amount of funding available is $1,831,447.
- Must be a charitable organization recognized by the Internal Revenue Service as a 501c3 with a valid status
- Must be incorporated as a business entity “In Good Standing” with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation
- Must have an office in and provide services within Washington County
- Must have a recent audit or detailed financial statement to submit
Applications/applicants will not be considered that:
- Are not completed in their entirety and submitted on approved forms by the established due dates.
- Fund an endowment
- Benefit an individual
- Are a political, or governmental organizations or sub-organizations.
- Have a forfeited incorporation status with the State of Maryland
- Are from a church or religious entity. Separate organizations that may operate within a church facility or possess their own 501c3 status may be eligible.
- Have unpaid or past due obligations to the Washington County Treasurer or any other government entity
- Have not submitted Grant Reports as required or have other outstanding obligations to the County
Application and Funding Requirements
Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance is limited to organizations that have an office located within and provide services in Washington County. An organization may only submit one request for funding. This restriction includes organizations which were funded through surplus funds this year by vote of the Board of County Commissioners. Requests for funding are capped at $100,000. Organizations must be able to expend awarded funds within one year of receipt or return the funds to the County. In addition, applicants must complete a grant report providing an accounting of the funds.
The FY23 Surplus Funding Assistance Program is not an annual grant program. Organizations are encouraged to use this funding to support one-time projects or meet urgent needs. Capital and operating expenses are eligible, but organizations should have a plan to sustain operating costs in future years independent of these grant funds.
- FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program Notice of Funding Letter
- FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program Guidelines
- FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program Grant Application
- FY23 Surplus Funding Budget Narrative Spreadsheet
- FY23 Surplus Funding Nonprofit Assistance Program Submittal Checklist
- W9 form (only needed if organization has not ever received any funding from County)