Grant Management Menu
Currently accepting proposals for FY21. Preliminary Project Proposals due Thursday, April 2, 2020.
Project Proposal Solicitation
Washington County Office of Grant Management accepts project proposals each Spring for the Appalachian Regional Commission (ARC) Grant Program. This federally funded program provides grants to eligible entities for projects related to the following goals:
- Economic Opportunities – entrepreneurial and business development strategies that strengthen Appalachia’s economy.
- Ready Workforce – improve the education, knowledge, skills, and health of residents to work and succeed in Appalachia.
- Critical Infrastructure – Invest in critical infrastructure, especially broadband; transportation, and water/wastewater systems.
- Natural and Cultural Assets – strengthen the community and economic development potential by leveraging the Regions natural and cultural heritage assets.
- Leadership and Community Capacity – build the capacity and skills of current and next-generation leaders and organizations to innovate, collaborate, and advance community and economic development.
Appalachian Regional Commission grants require a 50% match, and matching funds must be identified and committed at time of application to ARC. Furthermore, projects should be able to demonstrate measureable outcomes and/or economic impact.
Project Proposal Submission Process:
- Submit the one page Preliminary Project Proposal
- Projects will be reviewed and ranked by the Washington County Commissioners
- The County ranked projects will be submitted to Tri-County Council for Western Maryland for regional ranking
- Top ranking projects will receive a letter in early Fall inviting them to submit a formal grant application for the approved project to the Appalachian Regional Commission. This application will be due in November.
Submittals may be emailed (preferred) to Susan Buchanan or mailed to:
Washington County Office of Grant Management
100 W. Washington Street, Suite 2200
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Project Proposal Solicitation Resources
Washington County Administration Complex
100 West Washington Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (240) 313-2040
Fax: (240) 313-2091
TTY users may call any government office through the Maryland Relay Service