Washington County has a long and distinguished history in developing and producing high quality brand name products, including Mack Trucks, Moller Organs, and Statton Furniture.
Manufacturing remains a prominent industry in the area, represented by these firms:
- Volvo Truck Enterprises, Inc. – truck engines and transmissions(1,650 Emp)
- Lehigh Phoenix – custom designed book components
- Hub Labels – Pressure sensitive labels
- Ring Container Technologies – food-grade plastics container manufacturing.
- ElectrometCorp. – metal fabrication/machining for technology/defense ind
- Fives Landis – precision grinding tools
- Zeltex, Inc. – analytical equipment
- HBP, Inc. – digital printing/graphic design
- Fabricated Extrusions – custom sheet extrusions
- Windsor Wire, Inc. – wire mesh basketsHadley Farms – wholesale baked goods
A diversified regional workforce of 400,000 (skilled and manufacturing-oriented) includes over 12% of the employment base in advanced manufacturing. Customized workforce and training development programs are also offered through the Western Maryland Consortium, higher learning institutions, and Washington County Public Schools Academy of Manufacturing & Engineering. To learn more, visit our workforce training information.