Washington County has enjoyed great success in attracting large business and financial services firms, including customer service centers, credit card and loan servicing centers and order processing and fulfillment centers.
The presence of the following firms illustrates the attractiveness of the area for a firm providing these types of back office and call center services:
- CITI – credit card and mortgage processing services (2,300 Emp)
- First Data Corp – commercial transaction processing services (2,185Emp)
- Merkle Response Management Group – order processing for government and non-profit groups
- Wolters Kluwer Health – order processing/subscription services for medical books and journals
- Brethren Mutual Insurance Company – multi-line insurance carrier
- Antietam Call Center – order processing and telemarketing
Along with these firms, other financial businesses are located here that support customers, corporations, governments, and institutions with financial products and services.
Washington County is home to many local and national banking institutions such as:
- Middletown Valley Bank
- Patriot Federal Credit Union
- M&T Bank
- First United Bank and Trust
- CNB Bank, Inc. 6