To cost effectively provide a well-maintained, and highly dependable fleet of service vehicles and motorized equipment with minimal disruption to County services.
Full fleet services are provided for approximately 21 user agencies affiliated with Washington County Government. The fleet consists of approximately 266 large motorized units such as automobiles, light trucks, heavy duty trucks, earth moving equipment, asphalt maintenance machinery, mower tractors, fork lifts, aerial lift units, sweepers, etc.
Fleet management and maintenance service is also provided for an additional 474 pieces of smaller equipment such as but not limited to chainsaws, string trimmers, lawn mowers, snow plows, salt spreaders, pressure washers, etc.
Fleet Management Operations:
Fleet management services may include but are not limited to the following:
- Specification development for contractual bidding
- Vehicle / equipment procurement and disposal service
- Preventive maintenance tracking and management
- Technical diagnostics and mechanical repair
- Auto body collision repair and refinishing
- Maintenance welding and sheet metal fabrication
- Maintenance and rehabilitation of seasonal mowing and snow removal equipment
- Fleet vehicle data tracking and analysis
- Gasoline and diesel fuel refueling station management and administration
- Inventory maintenance and management for repair parts and maintenance supplies
- 24 hr fleet maintenance service during snow removal and emergency highway operations.
Automated Fueling Services:
Fleet management operates four fully automated refueling facilities. Gasoline and Diesel fuel service is available and currently serving 43 user agencies to include local municipalities, emergency services, highway maintenance operations, and others.
Industry Credentialed Service Professionals:
We believe and are committed to professionalism demonstrated by industry-recognized credentials. Our repair technicians possess multiple master-level ASE certifications. Welding service is performed by our maintenance welder who is currently certified by the American Welding Society (AWS). Certified Weld repairs include A36 carbon steel (all positions) including structural bridge welding and stainless steel metals.
601 Northern Avenue
Hagerstown, MD 21742
Winter Hours: November 2, 2020 – April 2, 2021
Monday – Friday, 7:00am – 3:00pm.
Summer Hours: April 5, 2021 – October 28, 2021
Monday – Thursday, 6:00am – 4:00pm.