Grant Management Menu
Community Recovery Nonprofit Grant Program
Currently accepting applications for funding due no later than October 19, 2022, at 3:00 p.m.
The Washington County Office of Grant Management announces a new grant program created to assist eligible local nonprofit organizations impacted by the Covid-19 health emergency and its negative impact upon our community.
The County has allocated $1,500,000 of American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA) funding to create and implement the Community Recovery Nonprofit Grant Program. The grant program is designed to support eligible nonprofits that serve Washington County citizens.
Awards up to $40,000 will be available for eligible organizations that can demonstrate impact from the Covid-19 health emergency or its negative impact such as:
- Decreased revenue
- Financial insecurity
- Increased costs and need for services
- Capacity to weather financial hardship
- Challenges covering operating costs
- Downsizing of staff and services
An organization is eligible for funding consideration if it:
- Has a valid 501c3 or 501c19 designation from the Internal Revenue Service
- Has a physical location/address in Washington County and serves a majority of Washington County citizens
- Is in good standing with the Maryland State Department of Assessments and Taxation’s Personal Property Tax Division
- Is in compliance with Federal, State, and local human rights laws
- Was established before March 1, 2019
- Organizations operating under a fiscal sponsor
- Churches and religious organizations (except for faith-based organizations with a separate non-profit status providing services to the public regardless of faith such as food banks, shelters, etc.)
- Fraternal organizations or social clubs
- Homeowner’s Associations
- Labor Unions
- Private, political, or public foundations
Grant applications will be accepted through October 19, 2022, at 3:00 pm. The application documents, guidelines, and instructions are provided below. Please submit any questions related to this program to [email protected].
- Community Recovery Nonprofit Grant Application
- Community Recovery Nonprofit Grant Guidelines
- Community Recovery Nonprofit Grant Instructions & Check List
- Financial Budget Template
- W-9 vendor form