Grant Management Menu
- Bingo Application (Note: Use this form if 1) you are a new applicant, 2) your organization’s officers have changed or 3) it has been two years or more since your last full application.)
- Temporary Bingo Application Short Form (Note: Use this form if all of the information on file with the Office of Grant Management regarding your organization is up-to-date and two years have not elapsed since your organization has completed the last full application.)
§ 13-2407. Effect of part.
Bingo may be conducted in accordance with Part II of this subtitle.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 259(a); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.] § 13-2408. Bingo – In general.
(a) “Permit required.- Before a person may conduct bingo, the person shall obtain a bingo permit from the county commissioners.
(b) Review by county commissioners.-
(1) Before issuing a bingo permit, the county commissioners shall ascertain:
(i) the purpose of the bingo game; and;
(ii) the intended use of receipts from bingo.
(2) The county commissioners may not issue a new bingo permit for bingo that is to be conducted for profit.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 259(c)(1), (2), (4); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
§ 13-2409. Permit fee.
(a) Scope of section.- This section does not apply to a nonprofit organization seeking a bingo permit.
(b) Fee.- The county commissioners may charge an annual fee not exceeding $5,000 for a bingo permit.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 259(c)(3); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
§ 13-2410. Prize limitation.
A person may not give or offer in a single bingo game:
(1) a money prize exceeding $1,000;
(2) a merchandise prize exceeding a value of $1,000; or
(3) a prize of money and merchandise with a combined value exceeding $1,000.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 259(b); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
§ 13-2411. Prohibited act; penalty.
(a) In general.- A person may not conduct bingo in violation of Part II of this subtitle.
(b) Penalty.- A person who violates this section is guilty of a misdemeanor and on conviction is subject to imprisonment not exceeding 1 year or a fine not exceeding $1,000 or both.
(c) Separate violation.- Each day that a violation occurs is a separate violation.
[An. Code 1957, art. 27, § 259(d); 2002, ch. 26, § 2.]
© 2003 Matthew Bender & Company, Inc., a member of the LexisNexis Group. All rights reserved. Use of this product is subject to the restrictions and terms and conditions of the Matthew Bender Master Agreement.