HAGERSTOWN, MD (April 1, 2020) – Due to the restrictions enacted by the State of Maryland, Washington County Division of Construction will be further modifying inspection services. With regard to the health and safety of our citizens, employees, customers, and contractors, the Division of Construction will continue to provide inspection services utilizing the following modified plan:
- Inspection requests will continue to be accepted by utilizing Accela Citizen Access at https://accela.washco-md.net/CitizenAccess, telephone Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) at 240-313-2488, and by contacting the office at 240-313-2460- press 1 to schedule an inspection or press 4 to leave a voice message. The appropriate staff member will return your call at their earliest convenience.
- Residential and Commercial interior alteration inspections of existing occupied residential dwelling units and occupied commercial units/tenant spaces will be suspended until further notice. Inspections for utility connections (water, sewer, gas, and electric) of existing structures will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Livability inspections will be suspended at this time.
- Service request inspections will be considered on a case by case basis.
- Inspections of health care facilities, such as nursing homes and hospitals, will be suspended until further notice unless added measures are taken by the facility to ensure the safety of County employees and approved by the Division Director or designee.
- Live video inspections, contractor certification and documentation (including video or photographs), alternative inspections, and/or Temporary Certificate of Occupancy may be considered by the Division Director or designee.
The modified inspection services are effective immediately and will remain in effect until further notice.
For additional information, please contact Washington County’s Public Relations and Marketing Department at 240-313-2380 or [email protected].