Washington County is implementing Virtual inspections, an alternative to in-person inspections, enable prompt service, productive follow-ups, and scheduling most types of inspections. Virtual Inspections will be essential for most occupied residential structures during the current State of Emergency. Virtual inspections are conducted between a Virtual Inspection (VI) Representative and Division of Construction Inspector by using a video call on a smart phone, tablet, or other webcam enabled device. All inspections, including Virtual Inspections, are performed Monday through Friday, 7:00 AM – 3:30 PM, excluding holidays and preapproved After Hour and Saturday Commercial Inspections (fees apply). CLICK HERE TO READ MORE.
To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Washington County by providing exemplary customer service in the administration and enforcement of adopted building related codes and ordinances, storm water requirements, and provide support for the maintenance and construction of well-maintained highway system that offers mobility and supports the area economy for all citizens.
To work in cooperation with property owners, developers, consultants, and contractors to form a partnership for each project to provide the most efficient and cost effective service
New Codes in affect March 1, 2020
- 2017 National Electrical Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Mechanical Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Existing Building Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 Fee Schedule for Civil Citations Proposed Adoption Resolution
- 2018 Electrical Administrative Provisions Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2019 Fee Schedule for 2018 Code Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Plumbing Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Fuel Gas Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
- 2018 International Building, Residential, & Energy Conservation Code Proposed Adoption Ordinance
Washington County Administrative Annex
80 West Baltimore Street
Hagerstown, MD 21740
Office Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m.
Phone: (240) 313-2460
Fax: (240) 313-2401
TTY users: MD Relay 711