WASHINGTON COUNTY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
Please stay tuned to www.hagerstown.org
for the latest information on COVID-19 relief resources, local restaurants that remain open for business, and more! Also, please feel free to contact your Chamber staff throughout this challenging time. Find our contact information HERE
Wednesday, April 15, 2020, 12:00 – 1:00 p.m.
The Latest Updates as of April 15, 2020 to Small Business Administration’s Economic Impact Disaster Loan, Paycheck Protection Program, and other COVID-19 Business Loans
The Small Business Development Center (SBDC) will be doing a webinar to discuss Small Business Administration’s Economic Injury Disaster Loan, Paycheck Protection Program, and current updates regarding other COVID-19 Business Loans. Please RSVP to this event and make sure that we have a valid email with your registration. Space is limited which is why we are requiring an RSVP- if we get an overwhelming response, we can schedule another one and also send out the recorded webinar. After registering you will receive the Zoom Meeting link prior to the webinar starting to click on or dial in for the webinar. Please note the course registration closes at a set point due to the need to prepare for the current individuals already registered. If you have specific questions that you would like addressed, please contact John Hickman [email protected]
Thursday, April 16, 2020, 10-11:30 a.m.
“The Counselor Is In – Q&A with SBDC Business Consultants”
In light of the current COVID-19 health situation, we invite you to attend a webinar where you have the opportunity to get answers to your questions about all of the aid programs that are being offered to you. You are more than welcome to sit in on the webinar to hear what others are asking or you can get questions answered as time allows. Questions need to be submitted to Diane at [email protected]
no later than April 10, 2020. This “The counselor is in” session will offer you the opportunity to get your questions answered. We are planning to have available during the webinar, five of our SBDC consultants to answer as many questions as time allows. We hope you can join this informative webinar.
Friday, April 17, 2020, 11:00 – 11:45 a.m.
WEISS BROS Free Webinar: “Cleaning Best Practices: NOW and BEYOND Part 2”
– Login information will be sent Friday morning to log in.
Join ISSA Certified Trainer Steve Johnson for a free webinar to discuss the following tips around cleaning:
- Scheduled Cleaning Times – Document and update
- Germs are ALIVE – Can’t see them, They are There Video
- Tools – Microfiber, Disposable Microfiber, Disposable Wipers, Wet Task Buckets, Pre-Moistened Wipes
- Mopping – What is the best procedure, Mop Bucket Wringer, Frequent changing water, Flat Mops, Frequent changing of pads
- Vacuuming – Frequency, HEPA Filtration, Cleaning and maintaining equipment, Cords, Bags, Filter Changes
Information from the Maryland Department of Commerce
regarding companies who have already submitted applications for a Maryland COVID-19 Relief Grant or Loan:
- Checking on Successfully Submitted Applications: All applications for these programs are tracked in a system called Maryland One-Stop. Applications successfully sent prior to April 3rd have received an email and were instructed to set up a Maryland One-Stop account. Applications received after the 3rd were automatically received through the Maryland One-Stop platform. In either case, successful applications were confirmed via email to the address provided in the application. A business can log in to their Maryland One-Stop account and check the status of their application(s).
- Troubleshooting: If a business submitted an application prior to April 3rd and has not set up a Maryland One-Stop account, they should do so immediately by visiting the Maryland One Stop website. When registering, they should make sure to use the email address they provided in their original application. If their original application was received correctly, it will automatically be added to their Maryland One-Stop account and the status can be checked by logging in. If they do not eventually see their original application on their account, they can send an inquiry email to: [email protected].
- If there are issues with the Maryland One-Stop system in general, a business can send an inquiry to: [email protected]
REMINDER TO WASHINGTON COUNTY, MARYLAND NONPROFITS
Applications are due tomorrow, April 15th at midnight for the COVID-19 Emergency Assistance Grant
. Nonprofit organizations can apply for emergency grants to support increases to demands in services and/or grants to support general operating expenses when revenues have been impacted by COVID-19-related closures. This Emergency Assistance has been made possible by the United Way of Washington County MD, Inc. and the Community Foundation of Washington County MD, Inc. To receive additional information, click here