Division of Emergency Services Provides Tips for Extreme Heat
July 17, 2019
HAGERSTOWN, MD (July 17, 2019) – The Washington County Division of Emergency Services notifies citizens that the National Weather Service weather outlook for the next 5 days is forecasting extreme heat in the local area. As a precaution, the following tips are recommended during an Extreme Heat Warning:
- Find Air Conditioning (community buildings)
- Avoid strenuous activities
- Wear light clothing
- Check on family members and neighbors
- Check on pets outside and make sure they have plenty of water and shade
- Drink plenty of fluids
- Watch for heat cramps, exhaustion, and heat stroke
- Never leave people or pets in a closed car
Extreme heat is definite as a long period (2-3 days) of high heat and humidity with temperatures above 90 degrees.
For more information about Extreme Heat, visit https://www.ready.gov/heat.
For additional information, please contact the Public Relations and Marketing office at 240-313-2380.