GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
The Recreation Program Assistant will report to the Recreation Program Director and complete the tasks assigned to ensure the safe and successful facilitation of the program activities. The Recreation Program Assistant will generally be working hands-on with the program participants and families facilitating the program.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assist the Recreation Program Director in facilitating the recreation program.
- Be knowledgeable of and adhere to all WCRD and program policies, rules, and guidelines.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate participant behavior and adherence to program rules and regulations.
- Work closely, cooperatively, and amicably with all staff members.
- Communicate participant issues to the Recreation Program Director or appropriate staff to notify parents or to take corrective actions.
- Keep the Recreation Program Director up-to-date on any ongoing issues.
- Ensure the safety and privacy of children during ALL activities.
- Report to and seek advice and/or assistance from Recreation Program Director or Lead Counselor, as necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires a full range of motion, such as, but not limited to: climbing, balancing, stooping, crawling, reaching, kneeling, crouching, standing, lifting, pulling, pushing and grasping. Physical activities also include active communicative activities, i.e… Talking and hearing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must be a minimum of 16 years of age.
- Possession of an appropriate valid driver’s license.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Defined as very active work: exerting force to move objects occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force on occasion and /or in excess of 20 pounds of force: worker is sitting/standing and/or in motion most of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.