GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs responsible semiskilled work in the maintenance and repair of a golf course and related facilities. Direction is provided by the Golf Course Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Mows and trims greens, tees, fairways and rough with many types of equipment.
- Waters, seeds, fertilizes, aerates and chemically treats greens, tees and fairways.
- Maintains and repairs irrigation system.
- Repairs and replaces broken water pipes.
- Clears brush and wooded areas.
- Removes, cuts, trims and transplants trees and removes leaves on course.
- Plants flowers weed and mulch. Rebuilds and cares for sand traps.
- Builds benches and installing signs for course.
- Works on construction and maintenance projects which include operating various types of equipment.
- Assists with maintenance of all golf course equipment.
- Repaints all markers and signs.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
General knowledge of lawn care to include maintenance of greens, tees and fairways; ability to operate several types of equipment to include mowers, front end loaders, trenchers, box graders, etc. in a safe manner; mechanical ability to assist with the upkeep of the golf course equipment; general carpentry skills required during construction/maintenance projects; ability to work in various weather conditions; ability to understand and carry out instructions; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from high school and some experience in the performance of grounds maintenance and repair work.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, and some heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arms length, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, vibration, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils.
Valid driver’s license with ability to maintain.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.