County Clerk Menu
COUNTY CLERK DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Performs administrative duties and provides upper level managerial support for the Board of County Commissioners in performing the functions of their office. The County Clerk’s duties include:
- Attending all meetings, evening meetings, closed session meetings, workshops, public hearings, etc. held by the Board of County Commissioners to provide an accurate and concise record of meeting and actions taken.
- Providing transcripts of meetings if necessary for legal cases.
- Maintaining an up-to-date calendar of meetings and events for the Commissioners.
- Managing all County boards and commissions and coordinating member appointments.
- Preparing and monitoring fiscal year budgets for the Commissioners, Clerk, and Forensic Examiners.
- Administering the document management system/policy in place for County offices.
- Maintaining all documents such as resolutions, ordinances, etc. enacted by the Commissioners and recorded in the Clerk of the Circuit Court’s office.
- Performing all job functions and duties as outlined in the Maryland Code of Public Local Laws