Plumbing / HVAC Board

Permit and Licensing Application Forms

The Washington County Plumbing/HVAC Board shall consist of seven (7) members appointed by the Board of County Commissioners of Washington County. Two (2) of the members shall be master plumbers, three (3) members shall be selected from the public, and each member shall reside in the County. Two (2) members shall be selected for three (3) year terms of office, two (2) members for (2) year terms of office, and one (1) member for a one (1) year term of office. No member of the Washington County Plumbing/HVAC Board shall sit on the Plumbing/HVAC Board for more than six (6) years except for the Washington County Health Officers or his/her designee.

The Board, subject to the approval of the Board of County Commissioners of Washington County, may make rules and regulations for the plumbing trade or business in Washington County, as are necessary for the protection of the public health, welfare, and safety insofar as they do not conflict with the Business Occupations and Professions Article of the Annotated Code of Maryland. The Board shall also approve, suspend or revoke the registration of a plumber for a violation of the Washington County Plumbing Code. The Board shall also receive all complaints of any alleged violation of the Plumbing Code filed against any individual registered by the Board. These complaints must be in writing and the Board shall conduct a hearing which shall be recorded.

The Board meets the first Monday of each month at 3:00 p.m. at the Washington County Annex building located at 80 W Baltimore Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740. For specific hearing dates, see the Plumbing/HVAC Board Meeting Schedule below or visit the Division of Plan Review & Permitting at 80 W Baltimore Street, Hagerstown, MD 21740 or call 240-313-2460.

Staff support to the Plumbing/HVAC Board is Katie Rathvon. She can be reached at 240-313-2464 or email Katie

If you would like to serve as a board member, please visit Boards & Committees Page to review the various boards and submit an application.