Web Application Specialist I
While other Employers might offer competitive pay, Washington County Government offers a full, comprehensive compensation package worthy of your time and talents.
Please take a look at what you can expect to earn as a Web Application Specialist I during your first year as a full time Employee with Washington County Government:
- Six (6) Paid Personal Days
- Ten (10) Paid Vacation Days
- Thirteen (13) Paid Holidays; Three (3) Partial Paid Holidays.
- Fifteen (15) Paid Sick Days
- County and Employee funded Healthcare including Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision Coverage
- County Paid Employee Assistance Plan
- County Paid Life Insurance
- County Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- County Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Up to $2,500.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- County and Employee funded Defined Pension Plan
- Vested in just five (5) years.
- Credit for Prior Active Military Service and Unused Paid Sick Days.
- An Annual Salary of $39,270.00
If our Web Application Specialist I, comprehensive compensation package interests you, please continue reading through our job posting to learn more about the position’s duties, responsibilities, prerequisites, etc. and apply online today.
Web Application Specialist I
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director – Infrastructure and Operations
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under the general guidance of the Deputy Director, works with content providers and operating system support teams to configure and maintain web based applications, audit security, and recommend strategies.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Responsible for reviewing application logs to determine if any proactive action is required to maintain a seamless client experience.
- Responsible for reviewing, planning, and deploying upgrades to web applications with the coordination of client and OS support teams.
- Plan the deployment of new applications, identifying resources needed, and coordinating with network and OS staff to deliver the application to the userbase.
- Coordinates vendor or third party assistance in the event of a major system malfunction, such as software, network, or operating system failures.
- Researches and recommends upgrades, enhancements and improvements to the County’s web application portfolio.
- Maintain technical knowledge/proficiency by attending/participating in appropriate educational classes, training and seminars.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or Information Technology.
A demonstratable understanding of platforms such as WordPress, Wix, IIS, and the tools and components that comprise them.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Information Systems: 8/21
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States and willing to provide unexpired USCIS Form I-9 employment eligibility verification documentation upon request.
Three (3) Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an Application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
Tuesday, February 28th, 2023 @ 4:00pm