Pro Shop Worker
GRADE: 1 Step 11
Black Rock Golf Course
Golf Course Manager
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under the supervision of the Golf Director, Pro Shop Worker will perform daily operations behind the pro shop counter; have knowledge of golf; greet customers, check in customers; Able to sell merchandise, answer the phone and assist in running tournaments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Maintains the driving range.
- Meets with, advises, and receives direction from the Golf Course Manager
- Operates the cash register.
- Receives phone calls and takes starting times.
- Sells golf merchandise
- Deals with the day to day golfers
- Makes sure the speed of play is maintained and monitored
- Assists in scheduling and running tournaments.
- Recommends equipment.
- Composes and designs computer documents.
- Must be available on holidays and weekends.
- Check in customer in Golf Now Four Reservation software
- Performs related work as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the game of golf.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to deal with a wide variety of people.
- Good personal appearance.
- Good merchandising skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or Associate degree Preferred
- Prior experience in retailing and/or golfing.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of the telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, talk, hear, handle or feel objects and controls. Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a personal computer, calculator, copier and fax machine. Some standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and handling, pushing, and pulling.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to successfully complete and maintain the TAM certification.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States and willing to provide unexpired USCIS Form I-9 employment eligibility verification documentation upon request.
Grade 1 Step 11 @ $12.87 per hour
This role has a Position Differential of $1.75 per hour.
The Grade 1 Step 11 @ $12.87 per hour plus the Position Differential of $1.75 per hour equals at total pay of $14.62 per hour.
Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an Application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V.
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES IS:
Friday, August 26th, 2022 @ 4:00p.m.