Parks & Recreation
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under the supervision of the Parks Supervisor the Pool Manager performs professional duties in ensuring effective operation of Marty Snook Pool. Responsible for hiring, training, scheduling and evaluating lifeguards. Ensuring that all lifeguarding certifications are current and that all lifeguards are fully competent in performing water procedures and assisting in ensuring the safety of the patrons in and around the pools and monitoring swimmers to ensure all safety rules are being followed. Responsible for payroll of pool staff, depositing of income, reporting deposit summaries to the Parks Department and overseeing operations and ordering for the food concession services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Preparing the pool for the yearly health department inspection prior to the opening of the pool.
- Winterizing the pool and facilities at the end of the pool season
- Monitor chemical balance of pool and filtration systems and adjust chemicals as needed.
- Carrying out all duties assigned by the Parks Supervisor
- Having the ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- The ability to obtain and maintain the CPO certification and Lifeguard, CPR/AED and First Aid training.
- Overseeing that the guards are in the assigned area in rotation to prevent accidents and injuries, that the necessary precautions are observed in insure the health, safety and welfare of patrons.
- Reporting promptly at the assigned time of duty. Weekday and weekend hours are mandatory for the pool manager.
- Enforcing all established rules and regulations and adhering to the policies of the facility and aid in controlling the behavior of those of those patrons who use the facility.
- Reminding patrons of pool rules, when necessary, in a polite, firm manner and contact supervision when necessary.
- Maintaining positive public relations with patrons.
- Documenting and reporting all disciplinary problems and accidents to the Parks Supervisor, reports will be legible and concise.
- Performing checks and assigning custodial duties in maintaining a clean and safe facility including but not limited to bathrooms and changing rooms, trash cleanup inside and outside the facility and vacuum pools.
- Performing other duties as required.
- Responsible for water chemistry readings, chemical adjustments as necessary and all associated documentations.
- Responsible for opening/ closing facility.
- Working knowledge of admissions, concessions, register operations and opening/closing procedures.
- Position requires evening and weekend hours.
- Ability to use Google Sheets/Excel to track daily summary information and to schedule staff.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
This position requires a full range of motion, such as, but not limited to: climbing, balancing, stooping, crawling, reaching, kneeling, crouching, standing, lifting, pulling, pushing and grasping. Physical activities also include active communicative activities, i.e… Talking and hearing
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certified Pool Operator Certificate
- American Red Cross Lifeguard and Water Safety Instructors Certificate
- CPR/AED& First Aid Certification
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Defined as very active work: exerting force to move objects occasionally and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force on occasion and /or in excess of 20 pounds of force: worker is sitting/standing and/or in motion most of the time.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Grade 6 Step 7 @ $18.75 per hour.
This role has a Position Differential of $1.25 per hour.
The Grade 6 Step 7 @ $18.75 per hour plus the Position Differential of $1.25 per hour equals at total pay of $20.00 per hour.
Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an Application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
Friday, April 28th, 2023 @ 4:00pm