Network Engineer III
While other Employers might offer competitive pay, Washington County Government offers a full, comprehensive compensation package worthy of your time and talents.
Please take a look at what you can expect to earn as a Network Engineer III during your first year as a full time Employee with Washington County Government:
- Six (6) Paid Personal Days
- Ten (10) Paid Vacation Days
- Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays plus, Three (3) Partial Paid Holidays.
- Fifteen (15) Paid Sick Days
- County and Employee funded Healthcare including Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision Coverage for under $1.00 / hour (Employee Only)
- County Paid Employee Assistance Plan
- County Paid Life Insurance
- County Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- County Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Up to $2,500.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- County and Employee funded Defined Pension Plan (According to CNN.com, only 4% of Workers in the Private Sector have Defined Pension Plans).
- Vested in just five (5) years.
- Credit for Prior Military Service and Unused Paid Sick Days.
- The gratification and fulfillment of serving Taxpayers and Citizens of Washington County, Maryland.
- An Annual Salary of $60,840.00 (Non-negotiable)
If our Network Engineer III, comprehensive compensation package interests you, please continue reading through our job posting to learn more about the position’s duties, responsibilities, prerequisites, etc. and apply online today.
Network Engineer III
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director – Infrastructure & Operations
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Under the general guidance of the Deputy Director, perform complex and highly technical work involving the design, implementation, configuration, administration, trouble-shooting, maintenance, and testing of the County’s data communications and information infrastructure according to established policy.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
Responsible for installing, coordinating, supporting, maintaining, and troubleshooting local and wide area network (LAN/WAN) and broadband wireless (radio/microwave) infrastructure.
Responsible for determining, establishing, and coordinating the appropriate levels of access and privileges for system administrators, operators, and users.
Manages the installation, configuration, coordination, and administration of 802.11 and broadband wireless networks, supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) systems, network security systems, and Internet security appliances and services (firewalls, anti-spam\virus, intrusion detection\prevention, security certificates, and virtual private networks).
Responsible for monitoring the data communications infrastructure and network access portals for possible failures or faults and takes corrective action.
Coordinates vendor or third party assistance in the event of a major system malfunction, including hardware, software, network, or operational system failures.
Researches and recommends upgrades, enhancements and improvements to the County’s data communications infrastructure.
Maintain technical knowledge/proficiency by attending/participating in appropriate educational classes, training and seminars.
Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Thorough knowledge of LAN/WAN technology, data communications and network access methods, communication protocols (TCP/IP) and techniques; thorough knowledge of directory services, security principles and methods; thorough knowledge of server operating systems and client server systems; thorough knowledge of principles and practices of network data storage systems, cloud technology, hardware virtualization technology and electronic mail (e-mail) systems; ability to operate state of the art computers; ability to analyze and identify problems and develop logical conclusions and effective solutions; ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing; ability to prepare written and oral presentations; ability to prepare technical documentation; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors Degree (BA/BS) from an accredited college or university in Computer Science or Information Technology.
- Seven (7) years experience in TCP/IP network operations, LAN\WAN design and implementation, router\switch configuration, communication protocols, firewall\security administration, computer operations and user support.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This is light work requiring the exertion of up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is not subject to adverse environmental conditions.
Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Information Systems: 6/21
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential tasks.
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States and willing to provide unexpired USCIS Form I-9 employment eligibility verification documentation upon request.
Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
Friday, June 3rd, 2022 @ 4:00pm