GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs responsible unskilled work assisting Weigh Clerks with the sale of residential permits. Direction is provided by Operations Supervisor or Superintendent of Landfill Operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Provided customers with applications and rules and regulations for residential permits.
- Provides information concerning permits, answers questions regarding permits, hours, pricing, acceptable items, etc.
- Assists with the sale of Residential Permits.
- Assists disabled/handicapped persons.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Ability to understand and follow specific oral instructions; ability to perform tasks for for extended periods, often under unfavorable weather conditions; ability to read and write; ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the general public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires stooping, reaching, standing, walking, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils. The worker may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Possession of an appropriate valid driver’s license (non-CDL).
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.