Executive Office Assistant
While other Employers might offer competitive pay, Washington County Government offers a full, comprehensive compensation package worthy of your time and talents.
Please take a look at what you can expect to earn as an Executive Office Assistant during your first year as a full time Employee with Washington County Government:
- Six (6) Paid Personal Days
- Ten (10) Paid Vacation Days
- Fourteen (14) Paid Holidays
- Fifteen (15) Paid Sick Days
- County and Employee funded “Cadillac” Healthcare including Health, Prescription, Dental and Vision Coverage for under $1.00 / hour (Employee Only)
- County Paid Employee Assistance Plan
- County Paid Life Insurance
- County Paid Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance
- County Paid Short Term Disability Insurance
- County Paid Long Term Disability Insurance
- Up to $2,500.00 Annual Tuition Reimbursement Assistance
- County and Employee funded Defined Pension Plan (According to CNN.com, only 4% of Workers in the Private Sector have Defined Pension Plans).
- Vested in just five (5) years.
- Credit for Prior Military Service and Unused Paid Sick Days.
- The gratification and fulfillment of serving Taxpayers and Citizens of Washington County, Maryland.
- An Annual Salary of $44,699.00 (Non-negotiable)
If our Executive Office Assistant, comprehensive compensation package interests you, please continue reading through our job posting to learn more about the position’s duties, responsibilities, prerequisites, etc. and apply online today.
Executive Office Assistant
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Performs difficult skilled clerical work providing executive level administrative support which requires advanced experience and/or training in complex software programs and office operations. Direction is provided by the County Administrator.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Performs executive level administrative duties and provides support to County Administrator, and as needed to the County Commissioners.
- Composes correspondence on behalf of the County Administrator regarding a broad variety of external and internal requests for information.
- Develops and produces a variety of complex correspondence, reports, minutes, lists, forms, tables, memorandums, etc.
- Maintains and updates various files and databases.
- Coordinates the development of meeting schedules, quarterly staff meetings, and the Commissioner’s weekly agenda.
- Screens telephone calls and greets visitors, handles citizen complaints, makes appropriate referrals to other departments and agencies.
- Professional business attire required.
- Required to work on site each working day / no remote work.
- Develops and monitors budgets and purchase orders.
- Opens, sorts and distributes incoming and outgoing mail.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of commonly accepted business practices.
- Knowledge of office technology skills.
- Expert level knowledge of proper business English and spelling.
- Expertise in the operation of personal computers with excellent skills in the use of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ability to address inquiries and assist the public in a courteous manner.
- Ability to organize and assist in a wide variety of projects.
- Ability to understand and follow complex verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with associates and the public.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Associate Degree in Business Administration, Secretarial Science, or other related Administrative Instruction. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years’ experience in executive level Administrative Assistant / Secretarial expertise.
- Must have matrix customer service experience.
Physical capability to effectively use and operate various items of office related equipment, such as, but not limited to a, personal computer, calculator, copier, and fax machine. No significant standing, walking, moving, climbing, carrying, bending, kneeling, crawling, reaching, and handling, pushing, and pulling.
Possession of a valid driver’s license with ability to maintain.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Three (3) Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an Application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
Thursday, July 29th, 2021 @ 4:00pm