Professional position responsible for assisting the CAD/IT Administrator with the maintenance and updating of critical emergency communications databases and records, including computer-aided dispatch, computer telephony, mapping, network configurations and user interfaces which relate to fire, police, and medical emergency communications. Position receives day-to-day direction from the CAD/IT Administrator.
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Assist in the timely and accurate revision and/or upgrades to staffing, assignment, and protocol software Computer-aided dispatch, mapping, and computer telephony integration systems.
- Assist in troubleshooting computer equipment problems and/or failures including computer telephony Integration, computer-aided dispatch, and mapping systems.
- Issue alarm permits, maintain an accurate database of alarm systems and permit holders, enforce theProvisions of the alarm ordinance, and perform reconciliation of bill discrepancies
- Assist in ensuring that the METERS/NCIC software programs are operational.
- Perform maintenance reports for the CAD system as directed.
- Maintain/update various files within the computer-aided dispatch system.
- Provide technical assistance to other personnel when required.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of computer-aided dispatch ad-hoc reports as directed.
- Attend various communications-related meetings for the purpose of provided technical support as assigned.
- Assist with in-service instruction related to technical equipment as directed.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current technologies, equipment, codes, and certification requirements.
- Ensure availability for emergency response or callback, 24 hours per day, 7 days per week.
- Perform related work, as required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or GED.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology, Computer Networking, Network Engineering, Geographic Information Systems, Communications, or similar field of study work experience.
- Ability to obtain certifications in NIMS ICS 100, 200, 700, 800 and CPR within six (6) months of hire.
- Working knowledge of Washington County geography and surrounding areas.
- Proficient in use of computer applications (spreadsheets, word processing, Email, etc.).
- Ability to maintain confidential personnel and medical information in accordance with applicable Laws and Regulations.
- Ability to effectively organize work, determine priorities, make decisions, and complete assigned duties in a timely manner with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, government officials, and the public.
- Strong and effective spoken and written (English) communication skills, including the ability to prepare clear, concise reports and documentation, as well as public speaking skills with ability to present information to varied audiences.
A comparable training and experience directly related to CAD, Network, or IT Management may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
Regular and consistent attendance is required. Work is typically performed in an office environment, but some fieldwork may be necessary; may involve hearing voice conversation, keyboarding, lifting up to 14 pounds, reaching, sitting, standing, and walking. Must have the use of sensory skills in order to effectively communicate and interact with other employees and the public through the use of telephone and personal contact as normally defined by the ability to see, read, hear, handle, or feel objects and related equipment such as, but not limited to personal computer, calculator, copier, fax machine, radio console, etc.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
- Available for varied work hours as needed and available for on-call basis for emergency situations.
- Ability to pass a background investigation
- This position is subject to random drug testing.
- The probationary period for this position is 12 months.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.