|JOB TITLE:||Part-Time Airport Grounds Maintenance Worker||GRADE||3-3|
|DEPARTMENT:||Hagerstown Regional Airport||FLSA STATUS:||Non-Exempt|
|REPORTS TO:||Airport Facilities Manager|
GENERAL DEFINITION OF WORK:
Semi-skilled laborer position requiring basic trade skills and responsible for, but is not limited to, operation of light trucks and grounds maintenance equipment. Also responsible for general maintenance of airport facilities and providing airline services.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL TASKS:
(These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.)
- Perform normal care-taking duties to include general cleaning and maintenance of the airport terminal as well as general exterior light maintenance.
- Operates push mower, riding mowers, snowblowers, and light truck snow plow.
- Conduct airfield safety inspections.
- Assist with airline ground handling operations (baggage loading/unloading, etc.).
- Participates in training sessions as required.
- Arranges meeting rooms for use.
- Performs related tasks as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of the common practices, tools and terminology used in maintaining facilities.
- Must be pleasant, willing to tackle all sorts of unpleasant tasks, and work in all varieties of inclement and even severe weather.
- Knowledge of principles of safety.
- Ability to apply any chemicals used within and outside of the terminal, along with the use of equipment like grooming equipment and snow blower.
- Ability to be self-motivated and work effectively with associates and the general public.
- Ability to operate trucks, airport tug tractors, and other equipment used for grounds maintenance.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Working knowledge of airport operations and ground handling experience desirable.
A comparable amount of training and experience may be substituted for the minimum qualifications.
This is medium work requiring the exertion of 50 pounds of force occasionally, up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects, and some heavy work requiring the exertion of 100 pounds of force occasionally, up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects; work requires climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, and repetitive motions; vocal communication is required for expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; hearing is required to perceive information at normal spoken word levels; visual acuity is required for depth perception, color perception, peripheral vision, preparing and analyzing written or computer data, visual inspection involving small defects and/or small parts, use of measuring devices, assembly or fabrication of parts at or within arms’ length, operation of machines, operation of motor vehicles or equipment, determining the accuracy and thoroughness of work, and observing general surroundings and activities; the worker is subject to inside and outside environmental conditions, extreme cold, extreme heat, noise, hazards, atmospheric conditions, and oils. The worker may be exposed to bloodborne pathogens and may be required to wear specialized personal protective equipment.
- Applicant should be honest and trustworthy with a dependable work history.
- Applicant will be subject to a full criminal background investigation to include fingerprinting.
- Must posses a valid driver’s license.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential tasks.
Revised: 5/2008, 1/2019, 3/2019
Applicant must be legally authorized to work in the United States and willing to provide unexpired USCIS Form I-9 employment eligibility verification documentation upon request.
Grade 3 Step 3 @ $13.51 per hour.
This role has a Position Differential of $2.25 per hour.
The Grade 3 Step 3 @ $13.51 per hour plus the Position Differential of $2.25 per hour equals at total pay of $15.76 per hour.
Easy Ways to Apply:
- Visit our website at https://www.washco-md.net/jobs/
- Complete and email an Application to [email protected]
- Complete and mail Application to:
Washington County Human Resources Department,
100 W. Washington Street, Room 2300,
Hagerstown, Maryland 21740.
Internal Candidates are required to use an Internal Application (including resume) when applying.
Washington County is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals requiring special accommodations or assistance are requested to contact the Human Resources Department at 240-313-2350, Voice or TDD (D/HH use 711) M/F/H/V.
DEADLINE FOR FILING APPLICATIONS WITH HUMAN RESOURCES:
May 31st, 2023 @ 4:00pm