Flood Recovery Updates
Washington County, Maryland
South County Update - 3/04/2019
- Back Road - The County is finalizing the design and plans to advertise the project in early spring 2019. The anticipated start date is early summer with completion in late fall 2019.
- Chestnut Grove Road – The culvert installation was completed and road reopened August 31. The County anticipates a start date of summer 2019 for the culvert replacement on McCoy Road and the replacement of a haul route structure.
- Sandy Hook Road – The National Park Service is still working on the design and historic preservation process for Sandy Hook Road, Catchment Wall, Bank Stabilization-Landslide area. At this time, the National Park Service has not indicated a timeframe for these repairs.
- Garretts Mill Road – The bridge has been fabricated and is scheduled to be placed next month. The Contractor (Building Systems) is currently working on the stream diversion and getting ready to start the sub-foundation concrete. The project is scheduled to be completed in early May 2019.
- Hoffmaster Road - Proposed plan is to repair and replace portions of the damaged road and provide various drainage improvements. Work is anticipated to begin in late summer 2019.
- Various Road Repairs - The Highway Department continues to work on multiple affected South County Roads replacing damaged culverts and repairing roadway shoulders and traffic barrier.