Flood Recovery Updates
Washington County, Maryland
South County Update - 8/7/2018
- Chestnut Grove Road – project will open August 31st instead of mid-August.
- Sandy Hook Road– notice to proceed from Asturian Group. There will be a road closure in a few weeks to Sandy Hook Road
- Garrett’s Mill Road – Building Systems – design build project of 1.25 million dollars. Project was advertised and competitively bid. 75% FEMA, 25% local for budget. 225 consecutive day project.
- Back Road – looking at moving forward in rebuilding the road, a new culvert, and stream restoration. 75% FEMA reimbursement project. Preliminary plans will happen this fall, work will be bid out during the winter with work beginning in the spring.
- Pipes are installed on Back Road and Limekiln Road with pavement installation happening. Things have happened slower due to excessive amount of rain.