Division of Plan Review & Permitting
Ashley Holloway - Director/Zoning Administrator
|PERMITTING SOFTWARE UPGRADE
Services in certain departments will be interrupted during the upgrade
Washington County Government will be upgrading its permitting software, Accela Automation, starting Friday, February 15, 2019.The following divisions and departments will be affected by the upgrade:
Beginning Friday, February 15, 2019 at 4:00 p.m., permit processing and other department services will be unavailable. Permitting and Plan Review applications and fees may be submitted on Friday until 2:00 p.m.
All online services through Citizen Access and Interactive Voice Response System for inspections will also be unavailable after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
All services will recommence once the upgrade has been completed and all services will resume as normal on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Plan Review is responsible for but not limited to the following:
ENGINEERING & LAND USE MISSION:
To provide direction and oversight for orderly, sound and cost effective land development that supports the Washington County economy and its citizens while assuring the maintenance and expansion of the infrastructure needed to serve it.
PRIMARY CORE RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Engineering and Land Use Plan Review
- Support Land Development Public Infrastructure Construction Inspection
- Stormwater Management Engineering Plan Review
- Manage Washington County's Floodplain Management Program
- Enforces the Zoning Ordinance and Weed Ordinance
ADVISORY BOARDS AND COMMISSIONS:
- Washington County Traffic Advisory Committee
- Washington County Planning Commission
- Washington County Board of Zoning Appeals
- Land Use Council, Washington County Home Builder's Association
- Stormwater Association of Maryland
- Maryland Association of Floodplain and Stormwater Managers
- Upper Potomac River Tributary Strategies Team