Division of Plan Review & Permitting
Becky Gander - Chief of Permitting
|PERMITTING SOFTWARE UPGRADE
Services in certain departments will be interrupted during the upgrade
Washington County Government will be upgrading its permitting software, Accela Automation, starting Friday, February 15, 2019.The following divisions and departments will be affected by the upgrade:
Beginning Friday, February 15, 2019 at 4:00 p.m., permit processing and other department services will be unavailable. Permitting and Plan Review applications and fees may be submitted on Friday until 2:00 p.m.
All online services through Citizen Access and Interactive Voice Response System for inspections will also be unavailable after 4:00 p.m. on Friday, February 15, 2019.
All services will recommence once the upgrade has been completed and all services will resume as normal on Tuesday, February 19, 2019.
Permitting is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Receiving and processing all types of residential/commercial building permits and trade permits
- Issuing of licenses for junkyards, mechanical, plumbing and electrical contractors
- Providing administrative services to the Plumbing/Mechanical Board, Board of Examiners & Supervisors, Animal Control Board and Building Board of Appeals
- Enforcing local and state building related codes and ordinances
- Enforcing the Zoning Ordinance
- Enforcing the Excise Tax Ordinance
Mission Statement: To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Washington County by providing exemplary customer service in the administration and enforcement of adopted building related codes and ordinances.
Vision Statement: To confidently approach everyday with an award-winning attitude dedicated to discovering new worlds of service.