Division of Plan Review & Permitting
Becky Gander - Chief of Permitting
Permitting is responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Receiving and processing all types of residential/commercial building permits and trade permits
- Issuing of licenses for junkyards, mechanical, plumbing and electrical contractors
- Providing administrative services to the Plumbing/Mechanical Board, Board of Examiners & Supervisors, Animal Control Board and Building Board of Appeals
- Enforcing local and state building related codes and ordinances
- Enforcing the Zoning Ordinance
- Enforcing the Excise Tax Ordinance
Mission Statement: To protect the health, safety, and welfare of the citizens of Washington County by providing exemplary customer service in the administration and enforcement of adopted building related codes and ordinances.
Vision Statement: To confidently approach everyday with an award-winning attitude dedicated to discovering new worlds of service.