FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
James Jenkins, Manager
WASHINGTON COUNTY GOVERNMENT OFFICES CLOSED SEPTEMBER 5
Some services operating on modified schedules
HAGERSTOWN, Md. (September 2, 2016) – In observance of Labor Day, Washington County Government offices will be closed Monday, September 5, 2016. County services will operate as follows:
- The Hagerstown Regional Airport terminal and airfield will operate during regularly scheduled business hours but administrative offices will be closed.
- Allegiant service to Orlando-Sanford International will operate on schedule with arrival scheduled for 9:42 a.m. and departure scheduled for 10:22 a.m.
- Southern Airways daily flights to Dulles and Pittsburgh International Airports will operate on schedule.
- All services at Forty West Landfill will be closed September 5. Regular service hours will resume Tuesday, September 6.
- Washington County Transit services will be closed September 5. Normally scheduled service hours will resume September 6. To view transit schedules visit: washco-md.net/transit
- There will not be a Board of County Commissioners meeting on September 6. The next meeting is scheduled for September 13, 2016.
Essential public safety services will remain in effect. Residents with questions regarding service schedules should email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 240-313-2380.
For media interested in more information, contact Public Relations and Community Affairs Manager James Jenkins at 240-313-2384.
About Washington County, Maryland Government
Washington County, Maryland Government strives to fulfill its duty to the citizens of Washington County with regard to operational efficiency, fiscal responsibility, and responsiveness to the needs of the community. This vision is used to ably assist the Board of County Commissioners of Washington County in achieving goals for moving the County forward as present needs and future plans are addressed.
According to the Maryland Department of Legislative Services, the Washington County General Fund has one of the lowest costs per capita for services provided of all 23 counties and Baltimore City. This is attributed to the efficiency, staffing levels, and cost containment exhibited in Washington County Government operations. Visit www.washco-md.net for more information.
Get Connected and See Updates