Parks & Facilities - Division of Public Works
Washington County has partnered with PetSmart to place dog waste stations in these parks. This is part of the new pet-friendly and environment-friendly program. The following parks have been added as Pet Friendly Parks:
- Camp Harding - Big Pool
- Chestnut Grove Park - Keedysville
- Devils Backbone Park - Boonsboro
- Mt. Tammany Park - Williamsport
- Piper Lane Park - Hagerstown
- Pleasant Valley Park - Rohrersville
- Woodland Way Park - Hagerstown
- +7 Municipal Parks
Below are Maps of Parks with the Pet Friendly Areas:
- Marty Snook Park Pet-Friendly Area Map
- Washington Co. Regional Park Pet-Friendly Area Map
- Doub Woods Park Pet-Friendly Area Map
PET REGULATIONS FOR PET FRIENDLY PARKS
The purpose of these rules and regulations is to allow pets in the parks and to ensure a safe, clean, friendly environment for all park patrons and to educate the patrons about the Rules and Regulations associated with walking and exercising pets in the parks.
RULES AND REGULATIONS:
- All pets are required to be on a leash no longer than 9’ in length and under control at all times.
- Owners must clean up after their pet and dispose of the waste properly. Doggie Waste Bags are available at several locations throughout the designated areas.
- All pets must be fully immunized, de-wormed, and licensed.
- No more than 2 pets can be walked at any time by one (1) person.
- No pets are allowed in the populated areas or around the general public.
- These areas include:
- on or around ball fields
- on or around the volleyball courts
- on or around the playground areas
- on or around the bleachers
- on or around the pavilions
- non-designated pet friendly areas
- Dogs who exhibit dangerous or violent behavior are prohibited from all County Parks.
- Failure to be responsible for your animal (either behavior or clean-up) will result in the suspension of your privilege to bring pets into the park to exercise.