- Shoulder Maintenance – Restoring road shoulders to grade so that water drains properly along County rights-of-way.
- Roadside mowing along County rights-of-way or on County-owned lots.
- Trimming of brush and trees in County rights-of-way or on County-owned lots.
- Removing trees in County rights-of-way or on County-owned lots.
- Minor repair of curb and gutter along County-owned streets. If the repairs required warrant curb/gutter replacement, the request is prioritized based on the severity of the problem and availability of funds.
- Roadside litter and debris are picked up along all County-owned roadways by the Highway Department. Litter and/or debris must be within the County right-of-way. If you would like to request litter/debris removal on County owned right-of-way or property, please contact your appropriate Highway Department section as listed at the top of the page
- Driveways and drainage pipes running under driveways are private property. Therefore, maintenance is the responsibility of the property owner.
Property Owners Responsibility:
- Sidewalk repairs are the responsibility of Property Owners. The County will only repair sidewalks that have been damaged by the County.
- Litter and Debris:
- If the litter/debris is on private property, removal is the responsibility of the property owner.
- Certain types of litter, such as excessive household litter on a private lot can be addressed by the Health Department by calling 240-313-3200.
- Larger pieces of debris, such as old furniture on a private lot can be addressed by the Permits & Inspections Department at 240-313-2460.
- Stormwater drainage maintenance is performed by the four Highway Department sections using the following types of service:
- To report any needed drainage repair, please use this link to Report a Roadway Problem