Wings & Wheels Expo
Wings and Wheels Expo is The Only Gathering of Vintage Aircraft and Classic Vehicles Anywhere in the Cumberland Valley Region
Best of All, This Event is Open to the Public With Free-Entry!
(Donations to the Hagerstown Aviation Museum Are Welcome)
9:00 AM to 4:00 PM
Breakfast and Lunch Available From Local Vendors
(Proceeds from this event Benefit the Hagerstown Aviation Museum)
(Download the sponsorship package for more information)
Come celebrate the 103rd Anniversary of Hagerstown’s Aviation Industry, at Wings & Wheels Expo 2019, Saturday, September 7 from 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM, at the main terminal area of the Hagerstown Regional Airport on Showalter Road in Hagerstown, MD!
This free event is a great day for the family to visit the airport and learn more about Hagerstown aviation’s Past, Present, and Future.
The Wings and Wheels Expo will also feature a large display of Fairchild aircraft built in Hagerstown as well as Warbirds, modern aircraft, classic cars, trucks, RC model aircraft, airplane rides, live music, and food. The Hagerstown Aviation Museum will also display the original fuselage of a RARE 1919 Bellanca CE aircraft – one of the very first aircraft built in Hagerstown.
The Hagerstown Regional Airport Open House will include displays from airport businesses, airport maintenance and firefighting equipment exhibits and private aircraft displays.
Take a Flight Just Like Yesteryear!
Visitors can step back in time and experience a memorable flight in the museum’s 1943 Fairchild PT-19 Primary Trainer!
Thousands of allied pilots earned their wings during WWII in this historic aircraft built by Fairchild Aircraft seventy years ago in Hagerstown, Maryland.
By making just a $100 donation, visitors can experience the thrill of open cockpit flying!
But Wait: There’s So Much More!
- Two Fairchild A-10 Thunderbolts (The ‘Warthogs!’) are scheduled to attend, courtesy of the MD Air National Guard
- A C-17 Flyover after 10:30 AM!
- Bomber rides, on the Delaware Aviation Museum’s B-25 Bomber
- View and walk-through The Air Heritage Museum’s C-123K ‘Thunder Pig’
- A 1944 Douglas DC-3 airplane – static display with a walk-through history display!
- The Civil Air Patrol and other organizations will have exhibits and aircraft on display
- The Pittsburgh Institute of Aeronautics display will provide visitors with information about career training opportunities
- ‘Turbo the Flying Dog’ will attend along with his children’s books
- The wheels section of the Expo will include a Cruise-In of antique and classic cars, trucks and motorcycles!
- Owners can bring their vehicle for free registration and the first 100 vehicles receive a custom dash plaque!
- Also see fire, law enforcement, rescue, construction, historic military and other vehicles, too!
- There are MANY photo-taking opportunities with the kids and your friends and veterans who flew on these aircraft!
NOTICE TO ALL PHOTOGRAPHERS
Photographers are welcome to take photographs of planes and automobiles at the owner’s discretion. With anticipation of a large crowd and the expectation of this being a family-friendly event, no model photos will be allowed during this event. This includes Friday evening during set-up and all-day Saturday. We would be happy to accommodate photographers’ requests at a later date. We appreciate your cooperation in making the 2019 Wings and Wheels Expo a success.
The office is open from 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday – Friday